Done 3 years post PG Senior Residency in Dept of Psychiatry, Safdarjung Hospital & VM Medical College New Delhi 110029.
Passed MD (Psychiatry) examination with a “GOLD MEDAL” in April-May 2009 from Gujrat University India.
Done three years of Residency in Psychiatry at dept of Psychiatry BJ Medical College and Civil Hospital Ahmedabad India.
Done one year compulsory Rotatory internship from JLN Medical College, Ajmer in year 2005-06.
Done MBBS from JLN medical college Ajmer, Rajasthan University.
Passed Secondary exam from CBSE board in 1995 with all India Merit in two subjects Science and Social Science.
During Psychiatric Residency:
- Won an Interstate Postgraduate psychiatry Quiz held for the PG students of Maharashtra Gujrat and Goa at the 7th Postgraduate CME held at GOA in July 2007.
- Presented an Original Scientific Paper titled “A Short Term Naturalistic Study of Major Depressive Disorder : an Observational study” at61st Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society held at Agra (ANCIPS-2008) as a poster in Jan 2009.
- As oral presentation at annual conference of Gujrat psychiatric society in Aug 2008 held at Udaipur.
- Dissertation submitted to and accepted by Gujrat University titled “A Short Term Naturalistic Study of Major Depressive Disorder : an Observational study”
- Attended various CMEs as :-
- A CME on Sexual Medicine held at Ahmedabad in June 2008.
- A workshop on Clinical Neurosciences held at Ahmedabad in Feb 2008.
- A CME on ADHD and DYSLEXIA in June 2008 held at Vadodara.
- Postgraduate development program in July 2007 held at Goa.
- Postgraduate development program in September 2006 held at Aurangabad.
- Annual National conference of IPS held at kolkata in jan 2008.
- Annual Conference of IPS west zone held at Nagpur in Oct 2007.
- Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society Gujrat state branch in Sept 2007 held at Silvasa.
- Worked as a trainer in Mental Health First Aid program on the lines of training course developed by Betty Kitchener and Anthony Jorm in Australia carried out by Dept of Psychiatry BJ Medical College and Civil Hospital Ahmedabad, sponsored by Govt. of Guajrat conducted for nursing and paramedical professionals, teachers and village community leaders.
- Is a member of Indian Psychiatric Society: LOM/M06/08
During Senior Residency
Attended and participated in…
10th World Congress of World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation from 12th to 15 November 2009 held at NIMHANS Bangalore India.
10TH Biennial conference of Indian Association for Child & Adolescent Mental Health from 23rd to 25th November 2009 at AIIMS New Delhi, India.
62nd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ( ANCIPS-2010) from 17th to 20th January 2010 at Jaipur, India.
Training programme titled as “Knowledge Exchange Programme” between experts from EPA (European Psychiatric Association) and India on 1st and 2nd May 2010 at Delhi, India.
International Headache Conference from 26th to 28th November 2010, at New Delhi, India.
63rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ( ANCIPS-2011) from 16th to 19th January 2011 at New Delhi , India.
64th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ( ANCIPS-2012) from 19th to 22nd January 2012 at kochi, India.
Speaker in various CMEs held at Department of Psychiatry Safdarjung Hospital and VM Medical College New Delhi including CME on Neuroplasticity, antidepressant current repraisal, Rehabilitation in Schizophrenia etc amongst others.
Organized patient care-giver awareness programs and audiovisual presentations for spreading psychiatric awareness in community.
Certified as “Master Hypnotist” and done the introduction to clinical hypnosis course from California Hypnosis Institute USA.
Research and Publications
1. Madhusudan , Kuldip Kumar. Usual Erratic phenomenon, dramatic outcome- a case report of phenytoin toxicity“. Paper accepted for publication in International Journal- Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology 13/08/ 2012.
2. Madhusudan Mennaz Zafar, Rajesh Rastogi. Music as a therapy: Asian Journal of Psychiatry.
4. Rajesh Rastogi, Madhusudan, Kuldip Kumar, Pankaj Verma, Abhinit Kumar, Manushri Gupta. Psychiatric referral characteristics at a tertiary care hospital: a fresh appraisal Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry. 27 (3-4) 2011 165-169.
7. Referral patterns to a psychiatric unit in a tertiary care general hospital Madhusudan, Abhinit Kumar, Rajesh Rastogi, Pankaj Verma Poster presentation in Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society published in Indian journal of psychiatry 2011 . Posters. Indian J Psychiatry [serial online] 2011 [cited 2012 May 6];53:73-109. Available from: http://www.indianjpsychiatry.org/text.asp?2011/53/5/73/94536
8. Ongoing research on Sexuality and Consultation liaison psychiatry.
Special Interest :
Also happen to be one of the most popular online Independent music composer, singer and song writer with inclination towards spreading awareness regarding mental illness through music and working on projects composing consciousness expanding new age music and also has interest in exploring the applications of music as a therapy.